Thursday, December 4, 2008

Still tired, but need to pass class

Title pretty much sums it up for me this morning.

Moar blogging incoming.....


Chapters 3 and 4 of Slaughter-House-Five. What can I say other then these two chapters are pretty much the highlight of my college lit experience thus far. The whole section of Billy chilling on his couch drinking flat champagne watching a war movie backwards made me laugh when I first read it and when I thought about it. It also begins the antiwar theme which we all know is coming. It shows how a very violent movie can be turned into a nice save everyone film just by showing it backwards. I really hope the book can upkeep this awesomeness which it has shown so far.

Ok, blogging done. Need to go comment seriously now.


Also, why doesn't this blogging application capitalize your "i's" automatically, its really bugging me.

4 comments:

Nicole H. said...

hmmmmmm...I thought that those two chapters were o.k. but a point I wanted to make was I like the similies that he uses in these chapters.

Anna said...

I thought the chapters were funny too. I really liked the book. This is a good blog.

Cody Dederich said...

I loved these chapters aswell, I can agree with what you said 100%. Now I have to do more comments too....

Andrew said...

these chapters were a work of art and probly the only chapters of a book that i can really recall from memory